Happy Labor Day!!
So on my continued quest to decorate the half-wall between the livingroom and the playroom I decided to attempt these paper flowers I found here.
I think the end result worked and the best is the end price $0!! I used all materials I had on hand!! Love that!! And I used DOUBLE SIDED TAPE!! I love double sided tape, it is the greatest!!!
Now for the tutorial!
Paper of your choosing (I used cardstock but I think regular weight scrapbook paper would work better)
Paper cutter or scissors
Double Sided Tape
Circle Punches (I used a 3 inch, 2 inch and a 1.5 inch)
1. I picked 5 solid fall colors and cut two – 1 inch by 11 inch piece of each color. I used the pinky shear blade on my paper cutter but a straight edge will work too!
2. Stack the five strips and staple in the middle (you will have to fold over the one side to fit into a standard stapler) and repeat on the second stack.
3. Take one stapled stack and put a piece of double sided tape at the top end of the first strip.
4. Fold over the piece of paper with the tape to the center and push down.
5. Move to the next piece and repeat, move around to all the the strips, repeat on the second stack of paper.
6. Take the two halves and place double sided tape on one side and push onto the other half to create an entire flower.
7. Fluffy the flower as needed and if needed put double sided tape between “petals” to have a more uniform shape.
8. For the stem I wrapped a straw in green paper taping the paper when I started and ended.
9. Wrap the top of the stem in double sided tape and stick between two of the petals and push together so the stem will hold to the flower.
10. For the center I punched a 3 inch circle and tripped with craft scissors, then punched a 2 inch circle and stuck onto the 3 inch circle with double sided tape. I continued with a 1.5 inch punch and topped with a B printed on vellum from my computer and cutout.
11. I put the entire center onto the flower with double sided tape and DONE!
12. Enjoy your work! – I plan on adding this to the fall half-wall! (I am putting my flower in my painted mason jar!)
I am linking to these great parties!!!
Have a great Monday!!