I have a cork board in my play room that I like to display my boys’ current art projects. This would be the teacher in me!! Since it is October we have lots of Halloween Arts & Crafts projects to display but the top of the cork board needed a little Halloween touch! So enter my mini-candy corn banner – Super easy, made with what I had on hand and only took 15 minutes!!
1. Gather supplies needed:
Card Stock – 1 piece each Yellow, Orange, White
Circle Punches – 3 1/2″, 3″ & 2″ (or 3 different size punches)
Double Sided Tape
Black Thread and Needle
2. Punch 4 Yellow Circles with the largest punch
3. Punch 4 orange circles with the next size punch and 4 white circles with the smallest punch
4. Using double sided tape, apply tape to the back of the orange circles
5. Center the orange circle on top of the yellow circle
6. Apply tape to the back of the white circle and center over the orange circle
7. Cute the 3 circles that are taped together in half
8. Cute each half in half again
9. Cut the pieces in half once more, so you have eight pieces from each circle
10. Thread your needle and starting from the front push needle through candy corn on the yellow part
11. Come back through the candy corn on the other side and continue threading each candy corn onto the thread
12. I pushed my candy corns up right next to each other but you could leave space between, depending on the look you want. Make sure to tie off your thread on each end of the banner!
Here is my mini-candy corn banner on the cork board! Come back the next few weeks to see all the fun kids’ Halloween Arts & Crafts project we will be displaying up there!!